Arbor Bay School is a community leader in helping children in grades K-8 with mild to moderate learning differences experience academic and social success. We achieve this through highly individualized and specialized instruction, combined with speech and occupational therapy in a small classroom environment. Each Arbor Bay classroom has 8-14 students with one Lead Teacher and at least one Assistant Teacher. With a low student teacher ratio, Arbor Bay School is a unique environment where you make a measurable difference in the lives of our students.
We are looking for Lead Teachers for our 2nd-3rd and 4th-5th grade classrooms. The Lead Teacher will have a passion for working with students with a variety of learning styles. He/she will have a solid understanding of child development and the ability to pull from a variety of curriculum to create a successful learning plan for each student that includes both individualized and whole group instruction. Additionally, the lead teacher will have a strong team mentality and the ability to work well with the assistant teachers, speech therapist, and occupational therapist. Finally, the lead teacher will have clear communication skills and the ability to collaborate with parents, school districts, and other professionals to create a holistic approach and to provide the student with consistent support.
• Special Ed. Credential for Mild-Moderate Disabilities
• Minimum of 3 years teaching experiences leading a class.
• Background in multisensory structured language programs, Making Math Real, and the ability and desire to learn and explore new curriculum to meet the specific needs of the students.
• Experience writing and implementing IEP goals.
• Experience with both standardized and non-standardized academic assessment.
If you are interested our school position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Bonnie Silverman (bsilverman at arborbayschool.org). Three references and a copy of your credential should be included.